The J1 visa is for journalists who are based in China.
The J2 visa is for visiting journalists who are, for example, entering China to cover a story.
We provide a full legal consultation and visa service to review your Chinese visa application and advise you on the documents that you need. We can also do more if you wish. Where necessary, our in house solicitor will authenticate and certify documents required for your visa application. We are not part of the Chinese Embassy - we are, however, a privately owned visa consultancy, accredited with the Chinese Visa Application Centre. Click on the type of visa you want below to see what documents you will need and how we can help...
1. You get Chinese Visa Direct's full assistance – any questions – just call or email us! It's all part of our service.
We check for errors and advise what documents you need to bring with you to the Chinese Visa Centre. If you would prefer, we will complete the online form for you (for an extra charge).
2. We will book an appointment for you to have your fingerprints taken at the Chinese Visa Centre in London. On the day of your appointment, we'll have someone there to meet, greet and guide you through the process.
3. We retrieve your passport and visa for China from the Chinese Visa Centre and hold it to your order. We can keep it in our office for you to collect at a convenient time, return by Royal Mail Special Delivery or courier (extra charges apply)
1. If you don’t have the correct documentation to back up your application for a visa for China, or there is an error on your online application form,
the Chinese Visa Centre will reject the form, and you will have to start again, as you will not be able to make any changes to it yourself;
2. You have to book an appointment to have your fingerprints taken and to submit your documents for your visa for China at the Chinese Visa Centre - good luck.
3. If you are using the Express service, you will have to collect your passport (with China Visa) from the Chinese Visa centre - they do not offer to post or courier your documents back to you.