Chinese Student Visa (X Type)
Get this visa if you are going to study in China. X1 visas are for longer stays and need to be converted into residence permits. X2 visas are for shorter stays.
How long does it take to get a Chinese Visa in 2021?
We measure the time of our service from the time that your fingerprints are taken at the Chinese Visa Centre and documents are submitted to the embassy staff. Taking that as a yardstick, your passport with visa will be ready for collection from our office in the afternoon 2 working days from when fingerprints are given (EXPRESS SERVICE) or 3 working days from when fingerprints are given (STANDARD SERVICE). Please note that these times may be affected by restricted opening times during the pandemic. Please call us or email us for more details.
How do I get my Chinese Visa?
- Place an order for our service by selecting one of the options below - our prices are inclusive of all embassy fees, Chinese Visa Centre fees, and VAT. We'll send you an email during business hours, shortly thereafter to tell you what you need to do.
- Fill out the Chinese Visa Centre's application form online (click here for the online form). Alternatively, complete Chinese Visa Direct's simplified form and we will complete the Centre's form for you (extra charge - add Form Filling Service to your basket and we'll be in touch).
- If you have any questions about filling in your form, call us, or email us and we'll assist. Please provide your customer reference number.
- If you have completed the form yourself, email to us:
(i) a copy of the completed form;
(ii) a copy of your passport photo page;
(iii) the supporting documents listed below.
These will allow us to check your form thoroughly. If any changes need to be made, we'll advise and get your consent to make these changes. DO NOT make an appointment with the Centre for fingerprints (see below).
- After reviewing your form, and your circumstances, we'll be in touch in relation to next steps - we will let you know if you need to bring additional documents with you when you come to the Centre for fingerprints. Note that only applicants between the ages of 14 and 69 (inclusive) need to give fingerprints.
- We'll book an appointment for you and tell you when to turn up at the Chinese Visa Centre with your passport (original) and documents required (per below and per our instruction - please note where originals AND copies are required). Be guided through the process by one of our staff who will meet and greet you at the Chinese Visa Centre.
Please note that we may be able to arrange next day appointments (please call us for more details).
- We will post or courier back your passport with visa (extra charge - add Royal Mail Special Delivery to your basket or call us if you need a courier) or you can come to our office to collect.
Alternatively, you can send us a prepaid Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope and we will get it back to you that way.
- Please bear in mind that the type of visa and length granted for each stay is always at the discretion of the Chinese Embassy, which will grant you the visa they deem is most appropriate as determined by all the circumstances (especially the documentation in hand).
Supporting documents for X visa - we'll tell you if you need more documents
This "X" visa is for studying in China. Both X1 and X2 visas are only available in Single Entry variants. To get your application going, you will need:
1. Passport plus a photocopy of the photo page in addition - passport must have two blank pages and 6 months remianing validity
2. Digital photo (to be uploaded to the Chinese Visa Centre application form) - there are specific requirements for photos - click here for more information - if the requirements (per the link) are not met, the application may be refused.
3. If you have not opted for our form filling service, email us a copy of the submitted application form for us to check and correct any errors.
4. If you are not applying with an EU passport, evidence of your legal entry into the UK e.g. UK visa
If you have been to China before, a photocopy of your last Chinese visa.
6. If you used to have a Chinese passport, please contact us for more information.
7. Original plus one photocopy of Admission Notice issued by the inviting entity in China e.g. from a school or university.
8. For X1 visas, you will need, in addition, original plus one copy of Form JW201 or Form JW202. These are issued by the Chinese authorities in China.
Remember: when you submit your application online to the Chinese Visa Centre, DO NOT book an appointment for fingerprints - just come along to one of our daily fingerprinting / submission slots - call us for times!
Other Relevant Services
|Royal Mail Special Delivery
||If you cannot collect your visa from our office, CVD can return via Royal Mail Special Delivery
||£10||Add to basket
|Chinese Visa - Form Filling Service
||There are many constraints with the Chinese Visa Centres online application form. If you order our form filling service, CVD will collect the necessary information from you and complete the online form for you.
||£30||Add to basket