Chinese Work Visa (Z Type)
If you have a job to go to in China, this is the visa you should apply for. Other people who have applied for this visa for work purposes include pop groups and musicians (for concerts) and other celebrities (for filming purposes, for example).
How fast is CVD's service
We measure the time of our service from the time that your fingerprints are taken at the Chinese Visa Centre and documents are submitted to the embassy staff. Taking that as a yardstick, your passport with visa will be ready for collection from our office in the afternoon 2 working days from when fingerprints are given (EXPRESS SERVICE) or 3 working days from when fingerprints are given (STANDARD SERVICE). Please note that the Chinese embassy is closed on 26th and 27th August 2019 and these won't count as part of the time, so allow extra time.
- Place an order for our service by selecting one of the options below - our prices are inclusive of all embassy fees, Chinese Visa Centre fees, and VAT. We'll send you an email during business hours, shortly thereafter to tell you what you need to do.
- Fill out the Chinese Visa Centre's application form online (click here for the online form). Alternatively, complete Chinese Visa Direct's simplified form and we will complete the Centre's form for you (extra charge - add Form Filling Service to your basket and we'll be in touch).
- If you have any questions about filling in your form, call us, or email us and we'll assist. Please provide your customer reference number.
- If you have completed the form yourself, email to us:
(i) a copy of the completed form;
(ii) a copy of your passport photo page;
(iii) the supporting documents listed below.
These will allow us to check your form thoroughly. If any changes need to be made, we'll advise and get your consent to make these changes. DO NOT make an appointment with the Centre for fingerprints (see below).
- After reviewing your form, and your circumstances, we'll be in touch in relation to next steps - we will let you know if you need to bring additional documents with you when you come to the Centre for fingerprints. Note that only applicants between the ages of 14 and 69 (inclusive) need to give fingerprints.
- We'll book an appointment for you and tell you when to turn up at the Chinese Visa Centre with your passport (original) and documents required (per below and per our instruction - please note where originals AND copies are required). Be guided through the process by one of our staff who will meet and greet you at the Chinese Visa Centre.
Please note that we may be able to arrange next day appointments (please call us for more details).
- We will post or courier back your passport with visa (extra charge - add Royal Mail Special Delivery to your basket or call us if you need a courier) or you can come to our office to collect.
Alternatively, you can send us a prepaid Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope and we will get it back to you that way.
- Please bear in mind that the type of visa and length granted for each stay is always at the discretion of the Chinese Embassy, which will grant you the visa they deem is most appropriate as determined by all the circumstances (especially the documentation in hand).
Supporting documents for Z visa - we'll tell you if you need more documents
This "Z" visa is for when you have a job in China to go to. These are only available in single entry variants. However, there are long term working visas (where the stay is over 90 days) and short term working visas (where the stay is less than 90 days). In the case of the longer term work visas, this needs to be converted into a residence permit within 30 days of arrival. To get your application going, you will need:
1. Passport plus a photocopy of the photo page in addition - passport must have two blank pages and 6 months remianing validity
2. Digital photo (to be uploaded to the Chinese Visa Centre application form) - there are specific requirements for photos - click here for more information - if the requirements (per the link) are not met, the application may be refused.
3. If you have not opted for our form filling service, email us a copy of the submitted application form for us to check and correct any errors.
4. If you are not applying with an EU passport, evidence of your legal entry into the UK e.g. UK visa
If you have been to China before, a photocopy of your last Chinese visa.
6. If you used to have a Chinese passport, please contact us for more information.
7. If you are applying for a longer term visa (i.e. you will be working in China for over 90 days), you will need one of the following:
(1) Foreigners Employment Permit of the People's Republic of China, or Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit in the People's Republic of China issued by Chinese government authorities for Human Resources and Social Security.
(2) Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts.
(3) Registration Certificate of Resident Representative Offices of enterprises of foreign countries(regions) issued by Chinese authorities of industrial and commercial administration.
(4) An approval document for commercial performances issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs.
(5) Letter of Invitation to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations in Chinaissued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation.
8. If you are applying for a short term work visa (i.e. you will be working in China for less than 90 days), you will need one of the following:
(1) Foreigners Employment Permit of the People's Republic of China and Approval of Short-Term Employment For Foreigners Working in China issued by Chinese government authorities for Human Resources and Social Security.
(2) An approval document for commercial performances and Approval of Short-Term Employment For Foreigners Working in China issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs.
Remember: when you submit your application online to the Chinese Visa Centre, DO NOT book an appointment for fingerprints - just come along to one of our daily fingerprinting / submission slots - call us for times!
Other Relevant Services
|Royal Mail Special Delivery
||If you cannot collect your visa from our office, CVD can return via Royal Mail Special Delivery
||£10||Add to basket
|Form Filling Service
||There are many constraints with the Chinese Visa Centres online application form. If you order our form filling service, CVD will collect the necessary information from you and complete the online form for you.
||£30||Add to basket