The J1 visa is for journalists who are based in China.
he J2 visa is for visiting journalists who are, for example, entering China to cover a story.
Chinese Visa Direct manages the entire application process for your visa for China on your behalf, assisting you in navigating the rules and regulations and making sure you get your visa the first time round. Our prices are inclusive of government/consular fees due to the Chinese embassy, Chinese Visa Application Centre and Chinese Visa Direct's own service fees. However.....
1. If you don’t have the correct documentation to back up your application for a visa for China, or there is an error on your online application form,
the Chinese Visa Application Centre will reject the form, and you will have to start again, as you will not be able to make any changes to it yourself;
2. You have to book an appointment to have your fingerprints taken and to submit your documents for your visa for China at the Chinese Visa Application Centre - no guarantees of convenient appointments and queues to deal with.
3. If you are using the Express service, you will have to collect your passport (with China Visa) from the Chinese Visa Application centre - they do not offer to post or courier your documents back to you.
1. You get Chinese Visa Direct's full assistance – any questions – just call or email us! It's all part of our consultation service.
We check for errors and advise what documents you need to bring with you to the Chinese Visa Application Centre. If you would prefer, we will complete the online form for you.
2. You will need to attend the Chinese Visa Application Centre - there is no getting around that. However, early fingerprint appointments can be arranged (call for details if you need a next day appointment). We'll have someone there at the Chinese Visa Application Centre to meet, greet and guide you through the process.
3. We retrieve your passport and visa for China from the Chinese Visa Application Centre and hold it to your order. We can keep it in our office for you to collect at a convenient time, return by Royal Mail Special Delivery or courier (extra charges apply)