CVD is not part of the Chinese Embassy, and you can get your visa direct from the embassy cheaper on the slow service. However, CVD will minimise errors and common pitfalls and get you your visa in the shortest time possible. And we'll return it to you by courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery - included in the price!Downloading the application form is free (click here or below)
Tourist Visas for visiting non Chinese relatives without permanent residence - S visa
S1 visa - Single entry for stays of over 90 days - S1 visa;
S2 visa - Single / Double entry for stays of less than 90 days.
This is for visiting relatives who are working or studying in China. The advantage of these visas over a Tourist L visa is that you can get a longer stay. For S1 (stay over 180 days), the relative(s) to be visited are limited to spouses, parents, parents in law, children under 18. S2 visas are slightly broader and for visiting a spouse, mother and father in law, sons and daughters, son and daughter in laws, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren.
Always bear in mind that the type of visa and length granted for each stay is always at the discretion of the Chinese Embassy, which will grant you the visa they deem is most appropriate as determined by all the circumstances (especially the documentation in hand).
Look at our PRICING page to see how much each costs. We accept payment by CASH, CHEQUE, POSTAL ORDER and DEBIT CARD (fill out the authorisation form on the application form and we will do the rest or pay online).
5. An original and a copy of your permanent residence or work permit for the UK if you are not applying with an EU passport.
If you have been to China before, a photocopy of your last Chinese visa.
7. If you used to have a Chinese passport, and now have a foreign passport,
and if it is the first time you are applying for a visa, you need to send the original Chinese passport plus a photocopy of the data page of the passport. If you have had previous Chinese visas but they are in an old passport, you need to send us the original Chinese passport and a photocopy of the data page, the photo page, and of the previous Chinese Visas.
9. For any child under 18 going to China, the following documentation is now required:
Both parents to sign the Chinese Visa application form; Original birth certificate; copy of passport of both parents. This is regardless of where the child was born.
10. Document showing how you are related e.g. marriage certificate (original required). This document will have to be legalised. We can help with the legalisation - click here to see more about our legalisation service.
11. If you are applying for a visa with a stay duration of more than 90 days (S1 visa), the inviter's Chinese resident visa must have more than 6 months' validity at the time of your application.
12. For S1 visas, the embassy will require a set of fingerprints from you. Please call for more information.
FREE RETURN COURIER DELIVERY
We are offer free return courier delivery of your passport between 11am and 5pm on weekdays to the following Central London postcodes only:
EC1 - EC4
WC1 - WC2
W1 - W2
Call us on 0207 436 9156 to book your return courier or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE TO SEND THE DOCUMENTS
IF YOU ARE POSTING YOUR DOCUMENTS TO US BY ROYAL MAIL: Please send the above documents to CHINESE VISA DIRECT, PO Box 5051, London W1A 8UZ. We recommend using Royal Mail Special Delivery.
IF YOU ARE DELIVERING THE DOCUMENTS IN PERSON OR USING A COURIER, please deliver them to our office at 25 MARGARET STREET, LONDON W1W 8RX. Click here for a map.
Once we receive your passport back from the embassy with visa, we will send you your passport back by Royal Mail Special Delivery, unless you instruct us otherwise.