By instructing Chinese Visa Direct ("CVD") to act as your agent for the provision of visas and other related services, you agree to all the terms set out below.
- Due to changing rules and prices at the Chinese Embassy, prices on our website are not guaranteed and subject to change without notice. We will, of course, let you know prior to submission if we have received your passport and payment and prices have increased in the interim.
- CVD do not accept responsibility for loss, delays or non-issuance of any application whatsoever or howsoever caused by the Chinese Embassy or Royal Mail. Nor do we accept liability for loss, delays or non-issuance of any application arising from or in connection with (to include but not restricted to) incomplete application forms, incorrectly or falsely completed application forms, inaccurate or incomplete supporting documentation, acts of God, weather conditions, acts of public enemies, war, strikes, acts or omissions by public authorities. Please note that the issue of a Chinese Visa is subject to the consent and complete discretion of the Chinese Embassy. In certain circumstances, the Chinese Embassy may require you to provide further documents as evidence of your visit to China. CVD take no responsibility for delays occasioned by requests for further information pending the grant of a visa.
- In the event of loss or damage or delay which is due the negligence of CVD, damages (to the extent that you have suffered damage, can prove loss and your complaint is reasonable) are limited to our service charge (not including disbursements).
- If there is no way in which CVD can obtain a visa for you (whether that be the visa of your choice or a different visa), CVD will provide you with a full refund, provided that (a) you have complied with all of CVD's requests for documentation and information; and (b) the embassy fee (i.e. that portion of the charge which is not CVD's service charge) has not been paid over to the embassy / visa centre or has been refunded by the embassy / visa centre.
- If, however, you decide to withdraw your application from CVD prior to submission to the embassy / visa centre or do not provide documentation which CVD requests which would have, if provided, enabled you to obtain a visa, CVD will only refund that portion of the fees that would have been paid over to the Chinese Embassy and will not refund the service charge.
- CVD will at all times endeavour to process applications according to clients' request. However it is the express responsibility of the client to check the validity of the passport, visa or document issued to ensure that it covers the period of stay requested, the number or entries required and is also valid for the purpose of trip.
- Unless specific instructions are received in writing to the contrary, CVD shall not be held liable for acting in the best interests of and in a manner which would be considered reasonable to enable them to fulfil the implied instructions of the client. Any such additional actions which incur additional charges shall be wholly the responsibility of the client.
- The prices quoted include payment for return delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery and are illustrative only of the cost that you would pay if you wish for us to send your documents back to you by Royal Mail Special Delivery. Royal Mail Special Delivery is a disbursement which is charged to you at cost on your behalf. The service of completing the forms for Special Delivery and ordering envelopes etc is provided free of charge. Once documentation is passed from CVD to Royal Mail, CVD can take no responsibility for lost or damaged goods as the contract is now between Royal Mail and you.
- CVD reserves the right to retain all documents until payment for processing is received in full.